YT-1000 ramp

YT-1000 ramp

Monday 24 September 2012

Models

Here are just some of the models I've built over the past few years.


I used to own this truck back in Regina, it's a 1946 Chevrolet 3/4 ton that I bought for $500. The farmer and I were trying to get it started but without any luck. Suddenly the engine ran for about 5 seconds then quit. It was enough time for me to know that it would live. I spent several months rebuilding the carburetor and brakes. The first time I drove it the stick shift came out of the floor, and I almost hit a small compact car. Anyway I finally got all the bugs out and drove it for several years. 


A few years ago I bought a model kit of the same truck and modified it to look like my old truck. I cut the running boards and built a box and hoist to match the real truck.







The same truck was used during World War II in the deserts of Africa under the name LRDG or Long Range Desert Group. I ordered a model of that vehicle, built it and added some extra details.






When I built my model tank I used the video game of course as reference, taking photo's off my TV.


I would use one of the airplanes in the game to flip the tank over onto it's side or upside down to get a good view.


I finished the model a few years ago but never got around to finish the paint job to make it grimy.